+ YOU'RE READER NUMBER... +

Saturday 21 August 2010

On the Road to the Catena Inheritance Battle (chapter 2) -complete-

Title: On the Road to the Catena Inheritance Battle
From: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Timeline: 10 years later
Summary: It was a shocking and speechless moment when she meets her older brother, Iratellio Catena, after she thought that he failed to escape from the family massacre two years ago. Things began to become more complicated with his arrival, but Iratella deems to find out why does her own brother have to be connected with all these issues. What she didn't know was, the reunion was only just a prologue to an unexpected past, present and future event.

Disclaimer:
> The original characters involved in this story belongs to me and fellow members of the DeVastella members involved in our KHR DVST Private Project 2011. Do not take them as your own character in your stories unless with our permission~ >:|

> This story is of my own originality and is not associated with any other stories. Any similarities are just coincidence (YOU HEARD THAT?? XDXD)

> All the other characters which originally belongs to Katekyo Hitman Reborn! stays as the original characters of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. I do not own any of them.

> Katekyo Hitman Reborn! belongs to Akira Amano-sensei and not me!!!! XD As much as I want to own Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, I just can't.... >.>|||

Author's foreword: Yup, here it is!!! Chappie 2!!!! Finally I have the idea on what to write in this chapter. Phew~well, since I've just edited finish chapter one like, barely 5 minutes ago, so chapter 2 will be pretty short for this time being (as on 21 Aug 2010). The chapter will be extended soon as I get the time again. Time has been limited for me to be online as my mom is controlling my online-ing time. Sighs.... this is why I want my own laptop NOW!!!!! >:|

For this chapter, I will be telling the story from Iratella's point of view for a change, because I realize that I write better stories (it seems, for what my friends said~) if I wrote it from the first person point of view. Nyuhuhuhuuuuu~ (damn, wth am I boasting about???)

Ah wellz, here it is,
CHAPTER TWO!!!! <3

--------------------------------------------------
*CHAPTER TWO*
- Realize-

"Tadoritsuku basho sae mo wakara nai
Todoku to shinjite ima omoi wo hashiraseru yo
Ayamachi mo setsunasa mo koeru toki
Negai ga hikari dakishimeru
Mirai wo yobisamashite"

==================================

(Iratella's Point of View)
 
I was definitely sure that my leg wasn't hurting anymore. The wound is still fresh, but it's no longer bleeding. I just don't know why Kyouya had to make a big fuss about it. It's not like my leg was amputated or anything. Sheesh. If only he'd be a little more less concern over little things like this. I took off the bandage just this morning to have a look at it. Yup, it was definitely already okay. Luckily Kyouya remembered on the note that I always remind him on how my skin cannot come in contact with sticky bandages like plasters or else my skin would develop a rash.
 
Staring at the chain last night made me had a hard time to sleep with all those questions running around in my head. I am SERIOUSLY sure I knew the chain. I know I've seen it somewhere before. I just can't recall it... plus, with that weird but somewhat relaxing feeling whenever I touch or even just see the chain, I know it is something that I know.... ugh.... seriously, what is going on with me???
 
And thanks to all the questions which I was thinking about the whole night last night, I'm late for my morning date with Haine and Kikuya!!! I promised to bring them to downtown Milan today as Kikuya had something that she wanted to buy for someone, as she said. But, ahem, as if I don't know who is she going to give the present to. She may no longer be a kid, but not her way of thinking. Ah well, that's how I act if I'm around Dino anyway.
 
As I dashed down the grand staircase and nearly tripping down one of the steps as I go, I saw the two already waiting for me, chatting together happily as they greeted me simultaneously with their happy morning smiles. Well, that definitely made my day. At least I know they're not mad at me for being half an hour late from our scheduled time.
 
"Are we going to have our breakfast in town?" Kikuya asked happily as clinged onto Haine's left arm.
 
"If you want, then we could. If you don't, then we can walk back into the manor and ask the chef to make breakfast for us. Which one do you prefer?" I know what's their next answer, so to test them, I asked this question on purpose.
 
"Of course to have breakfast in town!! It's not everyday that we get to eat out. It's like the same old routine for us every morning to jump onto the seats at the dining table to grab our breakfast." Kikuya exclaimed excitedly. "So... can we? Can we? Can we?" she pleaded like a little girl pleading her mother to buy her a lollipop. But- hey!!! Since when I became her mother?? But... I guess I can't just bail out on them now, not when she's pleading to me like that.
 
"Well... guess I just can't say 'No', can't I...? Uhmm....well, why not~ at least a bit of a change is good..." the words came out from my  mouth reluctantly. I just don't have the heart to object Kikuya's plead. Ah well~ it does have its own goods anyway to eat out some times rather than just having home breakfast, lunch and dinner 24/7.
 
After making sure that all of them are securely strapped to the seats of my Mercedes sports car, I started the engine and zoomed onto the roads of Milan.
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
The waitress walked over to our table with a silver tray on her hands. On the tray was three plates of carbonara spaghettis. One of the plates was bigger than the other two. "Here's your order. Is there anything that you want to add?"
 
"Uhm, no thanks. We'll call for you again if we need anything." Haine stared at her breakfast as she replied the waitress.
 
"Okay. Enjoy your meal." The waitress walked away from our table.
 
"Uhm... I don't mean to be interuppting your... beautiful moment with your breakfast... but... Haine... aren't you overdoing it a little...?" A big drop of cold sweat ran down my head as I looked at the size of Haine's order. It was the size of Kikuya's plate and mine combined together. Boy, she sure does have a hearty appetite. So, Yamamoto was the right choice for her, as all of us had guessed before.
 
Haine began to dig into her breakfast before I even said "Itadakimasu". Ah, sure, as I always tell myself, I'm carrying the responsibility of looking after these two. Luckily she has table manners, unlike someone else I know~ (try to guess and see who am I talking about~)
 
Kikuya just laughed to see how her sister was acting when she's hungry. Kikuya was very ladylike no matter what she does. Not much of an opposite of Haine, as I see, but there's still distinct differences between the both of them. This is one of them. I come to realize one thing as I saw how Kikuya acts - am I ladylike?? I can be pretty... violent sometime when it comes to assasinating... but other than that... in usual days... do I act like... a true lady??
 
Ugh.... it might be my fatigue or something, but I seem to keep thinkinf about all these stupid questions. I'll really need a good sleep after I bring these two back home.

Just put all my worries behind now. It's no use for me to rant over things like this now. The attack carried out by that group had already reached Italy, and their first target was the Volitaire... I can't imagine what is going to happen... will we be able to stop them like how we did with Millefiore? I can't be sure of the outcome, but this is not going to be easy. In fact, I'm having a feeling that things will be much harder than the time we fought with Millefiore.

I just let out a heavy sigh and rested my elbows on the table. Suddenly my heavy appetite just wasn't there anymore. I just played the noodles around with the stainless steel fork as I watch the two young girls sitting opposite of me swallowing down their breakfast with full of delights. With no worries at all. What do they have to worry about? They aren't the ones paying for the bill anyway. Okay, I was joking on the bill-paying part, but... Haine and Kikuya seriously have nothing to worry about in their lives. That's because they are protected by us.... yea, that's why....

In midst of being drowned by my thoughts, suddenly I felt something. More accurately, I felt the presence of something or someone familar. At first I assumed it was nothing. But then the feeling provoked my curiousity and the urge to search for its origin. After making sure that Haine and Kikuya was taking no notice of my actions, my eyes began to wander across the place, carefully observing everyone I see on the street to see if I can locate the person.

For as long as I try to look for that person whom I search for, I just can't seem to find him or her. I tried my level best, but I don't think I saw anything, until someone caught the attention of my eyes. A tall and fit guy, clad in a full grey tux and a black trench coat. He was wearing a pair of black sports shades, so I couldn't see his eyes. His hair is the same colour as mine. Wow, his hair colour is EXACTLY the same as mine! Hmm... my eyes locked on him. I felt something about him. I knew the second I lay my eyes on him, he should be the one I'm looking for. He looked as if he was lost or something, or maybe he was finding for something or someone, or a way out from the streets. As mysterious as he seems, no one actually turned their heads to stare at him. He simply slipped away from the bustling morning crowds and in a split second, he disappeared from my sight just like that.

While I was wondering who that person was, I noticed something reflecting on my hand. My necklace. It's shining. What the heck...? Why is it shining? At a time like this? I can't let Haine and Kikuya see my necklace shining, because....whenever my necklace shines, though sometimes it can mean that something precious is being picked up by the necklace, it can also mean something not good....
"Iratella, are you okay? What are you staring at?" Kikuya seemed to have noticed my weird facial expressions while I wonder and eye-trail along the guy just now. The guy whom I think was the one who "emitted" some sort of radiation that made me felt somehow weird but at the same time seemingly familar.

"Uhm... no.... nothing... I just... wandered myself a little...." studdering as I answered, I tried to keep my cool and pretend everything was normal. I became my usual not-to-let-anyone-know-something-secretive-to-keep-them-safe kind of attitude. Ah, as hard as I try to act normal, I realized one thing - as the person who was dying to eat breakfast since this morning, now I've completely lost my appetite. There goes another few pounds tipped off the scale.

======================================
"We're back~~~!!!!" Haine and Kikuya exclaimed excitedly in monotone. In each of their hands were plastic bags full of everything that we bought today. I don't exactly have the energy to carry all the stuffs from the car to wherever I'm supposed to (basically the kitchen) because, well you know, my food was barely touched just now. Luckily I still had enough energy left to concentrate on the road just now. Despite all of the excitement of everyone about the things that we bought just now, all I could think of now was my comfortable bed and my snuggly comforter, ready to contain me to sleep in for God knows how long. I can be a pretty heavy sleeper especially when my energy are all drained out.

"What did you get for us?" Kaede and Michiru came down the grand staircase together. Kaede seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Michiru is, well, in her usual blank mood as always. Sometimes people seem to wonder if there was any black aura around her as she moves about.

"Ahh~ nothing much~ we just got the things that Haine, Kikuya, Shino and Tsuna wants. We bought some tidbits for everyone to share. And oh, I bought the bag that you asked me to." I carried my heavy feet up the stairs as I answered her.

"Ooh, really?? Thank you!!! Where is it?" Kaede prepared to dash to the next destination that I'm about to tell her.

"The kitchen." Michiru and I observed Kaede picking up speed as she dashed straight to the kitchen to get the bag that I bought for her.

"Sleepy much?" Michiru stopped and looked at me. It was obvious she knows that I'm faking my energitic-ness.

"Well, whadaya think? Of course I'm tired. All of us are. We have been working so hard lately that I don't remember the last time I had a sleep that lasted for more than four hours, thank you very much." I smirked and rested myself on the railing of the grand staircase. "You're not planning to keep me here right?"

"Who said anything about that?"

"I thought you would."

"And I didn't said anything about that, right?"

"Since when you were no more fun to play with?"

"Since you said that 2 seconds ago."

"Man, you are no fun to play with~" intending not to make her mad, I laughed. "So can I go now?"

"Do you really want me to keep you here? Coz if you wish to, I can do so now."

"Okayy~ I'll go now~~~" I quickly ran up the stairs before Michiru starts to put spells on me so I won't be able to go to my room.

The grand door bell rang. The sound rang across the whole house. Our butler reached to open the door. I didn't get to see who it was though, since I had already reached to the top of the grand staircase. After a few muttering of Italian sentences between our butler and whoever our guest was, I heard my name being called out by Shino. Ah, shutz~~ just when I was about to go get my beauty sleep~~ I reluctantly carried my feet back down the stairs. "Yes?"

"Someone's here to see you...." there was uncertainty in Shino's voice. Usually Shino would sound calm and cool. Feeling a little weird, I quickly walked down the stairs. Just as I brushed past Michiru, who was still standing at the same spot on the stairs when I left her, she silently whispered to me, "He's not dead...." I only managed to hear what she said, but I couldn't make it in time to turn back to ask her why. As I approached the guest, I walked at my usual pace. I felt normal, like usual.

The guy in the black trench coat. Oh. So he was looking for our place since just now. But wait... why is that feeling not there anymore....?

That was what I thought so, until he took off his black shades.

At that very moment, I froze at wherever I stopped.

My heart rate increased rapidly. My breathe quickened its pace. My eyes barely blinked. I felt my hand became ice cold. I couldn't mutter out a single word, not even a huff. My fatigue was gone and was replaced by a mix of anxiety, nervousness, fear, sorrow, shock and trauma.

I simply couldn't believe that the person standing in front of me was actually there, looking at me right into my eyes, his eye colour also the exact same one as mine - silverish grey.

"B-b-b-but... how could this be.... I-I-I thought you....."

While I was trying to find the perfect words to say to him, the guy just kept staring back at me. Somehow he began to smile....

"Ir-Ira-Iratel-lio....."

Yes. Exactly. The person whom was standing right in front of me is my elder brother.

Iratellio Catena.
-----------------------------------------------------
END OF CHAPTER TWO
-----------------------------------------------------



                  Author's note: Yup, it's finally done!! After three grueling weeks, it's finally done!!! To be honest, I don't really have any idea to write in chapter two. This is the best I could think of, so I hope you will appreciate it as much as I do. My two-week school holidays have just begun today (as of 03 September 2010)!!! Yayyy~~ so during this two-week term, I have plenty of time to finish up this story up until at least chapter six. So, I also hope that all of you would bear with me if I can't make it by chapter six when the two-week term had ended~ Uhmm.... honestly, what do you think of chapter two? And what do you expect of chapter three? Please do tell me by commenting on this chapter so that I can make the upcoming chapters of your liking and at the same time making it going along with the flow of my ideas. Keep yourself updated with this blog as I have a feeling that chapter three should be done by AT LEAST next Monday!! Awesome, eh? I really wish I could make it though, since... uh... well, you can read about it in my main blog, which is http://yukino-snow-in-summer.blogspot.com/ . 
3am now~ it's time for me to sleep (I'm human too!! So I need my sleep too~~XD) See ya soon!! Keep supporting me!!!                

No comments:

Post a Comment